Different types of optical modules are connected to switches and can be applied to different networking solutions. We will introduce several practical application solutions for SFP optical modules and switches.
1. Solution for connection between 10G SFP+ 10G optical module and switches.
Insert four 10G SFP optical modules into the 10-Gbps SFP+ port of one switch in turn, then insert a 40G QSFP optical module into the 40-Gbps QSFP+ port of another switch, and finally use a branch optical fiber jumper to connect in the middle.
This connection type mainly realizes the expansion of the network from 10G to 40G, which can quickly and easily meet the network upgrading requirements of the data center.
2. Solution for connection between BIDI SFP+ 10G single-fiber bidirectional optical module and switch
Insert the optical modules into the SFP+ ports of two switches respectively, and then use the LC optical fiber jumpers corresponding to the optical module connection ports to connect the optical modules on the two switches.
This connection type effectively realizes the simplest and most economical data connection, and can be applied to data centers, enterprise wiring, and Ethernet connections for telecom operation and transmission.
3. Solution for connection between CWDM SFP+ 10G optical module and switch
This connection method uses relay boxes, optical fiber transceivers, CWDM coarse wavelength division multiplexers to connect the optical module to the switch, and realizes the CWDM coarse wavelength needed for the conversion of the RJ45 electrical port on the 10G Ethernet switch to CWDM coarse wavelength division multiplexer.
4. Solution for connection between DWDM SFP+ 10G optical module and switch
Insert the optical module into the SFP+ port of the switch, and then use armored optical fiber jumpers to connect it to the DWDM dense wavelength division multiplexer.
This connection mode realizes the protection of optical signals in long-distance transmission, can reduce the loss of light waves to the greatest extent, and is suitable for long-distance optical signal transmission.
1. Pay attention to whether the wavelength and transmission distance of the optical modules used by the switches at both ends are the same, as well as single-fiber dual-fiber, single-mode and multi-mode problems. If the two ends are not equal, the corresponding converter should be used.
2. When using the optical module provided by optical transceiver manufacturers, one should try to avoid static electricity and bumps. If bumps occur, it is not recommended to continue to use the optical communication module.
3. Pay attention to the front and back side of the optical communication module when inserting it, and the pull ring and label should face upwards.
4. When inserting the optical module into the switch, push it to the bottom as hard as possible. Generally, there will be a slight vibration. After inserting the optical module, you can gently pull out the optical module to check whether it is in place.
5. When disassembling the optical module, first pull the wristband to a position of 90° from the optical port, and then pull out the optical module.