Fiber optic transceiver plays an important role in the networking of industrial transmission system. With the rapid development of industrial communication field, the supply and demand of fiber optic transceiver also increases. So, do you know the test method and procedure of fiber optic transceiver? Next, Primus IT will introduce the fiber optic transceiver test method and process in detail for you. Let's take a look!
First of all, check whether the indicator of the fiber optic transceiver module and the port indicator of the twisted-pair cable are on.
(1) If the optical port (FX) indicator of the fiber optic transceiver is off, check whether the optical fiber link is cross-connected. One end of the optical fiber jumper is connected in parallel mode. And on the other end, we have a crossover connection.
(2) If the optical interface (FX) indicator of the A fiber optic transceiver is on and the optical interface (FX) indicator of the optical fiber transceiver of B is off, the fault is at the transceiver of A: One possibility is that the optical interface of the transceiver of A (TX) is broken, because the optical interface (RX) of the transceiver of B cannot receive optical signals; Another possibility is that A fiber optic transceiver (TX) optical transmitter port has A problem with this fiber optic link (cable or fiber optic jumper may be broken).
(3) The TP indicator is off. Please confirm whether there is any error in the twisted-pair connection. Please use the on-off tester to test (however, the twisted-pair indicator of some fiber optic transceiver will not turn on until the fiber link is connected).
(4) Some fiber optic transceiver have two RJ45 ports: (To HUB) indicates that the connection line connecting the converter gpon is straight-through. (To Node) indicates that the cable connecting the converter gpon is a crossover cable.
(5) Some fiber optic transceiver types have MPR switches on the side: the connecting line of the converter gpon is straight-through. DTE switch: The cable connecting the converter gpon is cross-wire.
(1) Fiber optic transceiver cable on and off detection: laser flashlight, sunlight, light body on the optical cable connector or a coupler. Check whether there is visible light at the other end. If there is visible light, it indicates that the cable of fiber optic transceiver is not broken.
(2) Fiber optic transceiver connection on/off detection: laser flashlight, sun light, etc. to one end of the optical fiber jumper. Check whether there is visible light at the other end, if there is visible light, it indicates that the fiber transceiver jumper is not broken.
Some fiber optic transceiver have FDX switches on the side: full duplex. HDX switch: half duplex.
Luminous power of fiber optic transceiver or optical module under normal conditions:
Multi-mode: 10DB to 18DB.
Single mode 20km: 8dB to 15DB.
Single mode 60km: 5dB to12dB.
If the luminous power of the fiber optic transceiver is between -30dB and 45dB, it can be determined that there is a problem with the fiber optic transceiver.