As one of the specilized gpon manufacturers, the GPON provided by Primus IT has three advantages: the first transmission distance is longer, the use of optical fiber transmission, the coverage radius of the access layer can reach 20 kilometres; the second can provide a higher bandwidth, 2.5G downstream / 1.25 upstream per user G (physical layer); the third optical splitting characteristic is strong, can lead to the multi-channel to the home optical fiber from a single fiber at the office end after splitting, saving optical fiber resources.
|P/N||Product Description||Data Sheet||Data Rate(Gbit/s)||TX||RX||TX_Min(dBm)||TX_Max(dBm)||RX_Min(dBm)||RX_Max(dBm)||Power Consumption||Reach||Temperature(degC)|
|PGS12-B3420||Gpon OLT B+ SFP Tx1.244G/Rx2.488G||√||TX 1244Mbps/RX 2488Mbps||DFB 1310nm||1490nm APD-TIA||1290nm||1330nm||1480nm||1500nm||/||20km||0 to +70°C|
|PGS24-B4320||Gpon OLT B+ SFP Tx2.488G/Rx1.244G||√||TX 2488Mbps/RX 1244Mbps||DFB 1490nm||1310nm APD-TIA||1480nm||1500nm||1290mm||1330nm||/||20km||0 to +70°C|
EPON and GPON are two typical passive optical networks (Passive Optical Networks, PONs), which belong to short-distance optical cables. They are often used in urban areas to realize Internet surfing, Internet voice and digital TV signal transmission. They can also be used in cellular base stations. Backhaul connection, Wi-Fi hotspot communication, and even distributed antenna array. The biggest difference between the two is that the download and uplink communication protocols are different.
GPON uses wavelength division multiplexing refereed to as WDM technology to make uploading and downloading at the same time. Usually, the download uses a 1490nm optical carrier, while the upload selects a 1310nm optical carrier. If you need to transmit TV signals, it will also use a 1550nm optical carrier. EPON is fully compatible with other Ethernet standards, so when connected to an Ethernet-based network, no conversion or encapsulation is required, and the maximum payload is 1518 bytes.
For generally applications, GEPON router with 1 PON and 1 Gigabit port. EPON does not need to use the CSMA/CD access method in some Ethernet versions. In addition, because Ethernet transmission is the main method of local area network transmission, there is no need for network protocol conversion in the process of upgrading to a metropolitan area network.
The gpon optical network technology of passive optical fiber transmission is mainly composed of OLT (Optical Line Terminal), ODN (Optical Distribution Network), and ONU (Optical Network Unit). ODN provides optical transmission means for OLT and ONU. It consists of a passive optical splitter and a passive optical combiner. It is a passive device that connects OLT and ONU. The transmission of upstream data is uniformly controlled by the OLT. The ONU transmits user data according to the time slot allocated by the OLT to avoid data transmission conflicts generated by the ONU. The ONU inserts uplink data in its own time slot according to the time slot allocation frame, which realizes the sharing of uplink channel bandwidth among multiple ONUs. Primus IT provides a variety of customized solutions, including 5g, 10g gpon to sfp, from configuration designing, programming and coding solutions to fit our customer's gpon onu device needs. In addition, Combo PON makes it easy to upgrade to 10G PON services by supporting the GPON user base.
GPON is very popular in the optical fiber market. As an established gpon supplier, Primus IT has been closely monitoring the market. In addition to its advanced technology, it also has the following advantages:
1. Range: Single-mode fiber can transmit data from 10 to 20 kilometres, while conventional copper cables are usually limited to a range of 100 meters.
2. GPON download and upload speed: The downstream transmission rate of EPON is the same as its upstream rate, which is 1.25 Gbit/s, while the downstream transmission rate of GPON is 2.48 Gbit/s.
3. Security: Due to the isolation of signals in the optical fiber, GPON is essentially a safe system. Because they are transmitted in a closed circuit and contain encryption, GPON cannot be hacked or eavesdropped on.
4. Affordability: GPON optical fiber cables are cheaper than copper LAN cables, and can also avoid investment in wiring and related electronic equipment, thereby saving costs.
5. Energy saving: Contrary to the standard copper wire in most networks, the energy efficiency of GPON has increased by 95%. In addition to efficiency, Gigabit passive optical networks also provide a low-cost solution that can increase users through splitters, which is very popular in densely populated areas.